Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Long Time No Posts

It's been too long between posts, but I am trying to reform.  Lots of travel has happened in the interim.  The retirement trip to Slovenia and Italy with Leena was wonderful.  So was my trip to the Galapagos with her.  I really enjoyed the Road Scholar trip to Costa Rica, and the OAT exploration of Turkey with Nancy.  The Outer Banks week with the Chaparro family was wonderful.  And I've spent a fair amount of time in Southern California with Mother.  And don't forget the Chicago to Upper Penninsula Road trip with Leena.  So there are lots of photos missing, as you can guess.  You can catch yourself up with my photo stream on Picassa

This afternoon I start another Road Scholar (aka Elderhostel) trip to the Alps with Nancy.  This time it's not just Switzerland, but a bit of Italy and France as well.  Walking Below and Beyond Mont Blanc.

One thing is for certain, though.  Since I bought my LL Bean duffle, I've forgotten how to pack light.  My sister, Susan, puts me to shame here. 

2 comments:

Xaparro said...

You're taking a duffle bag? I hope it has wheels! I have a little foldable duffle bag that I stuff in my suitcase or overflow on the way back. This time I brought way too many clothes to Morocco but I wanted to be prepared for anything. I could have done with half of them and if it had been anyplace else I would have only packed half.

Penny said...

Yep, that's the story of our lives....we could have done with half.