Monday, April 18, 2011

Off The Beaten Path: Wash a carpet

Here's a blog entry I couldn't resist. 
"If possible try and wash your carpets like all the Finns do. There are places at the sea where this is possible, in Helsinki Kaivopuisto there is one of these places. You have to use environmental-friendly soap to wash them so that the sea doesn't get polluted. The carpets won't be polluted because water here is quite clean and there is only 0.5% salt in it here in Helsinki.

I think it's very unique to do it. Or does any other nation wash their carpets at the sea? It's fun! I did it! You should try it! "  this is a blog post by Sabsi on Virtual Tourist  She also has a page on Helsinki which she calls "probably my favourite place on earth."

My only question is "Do I have to pack my own carpet, or can I borrow one?"  I do have a Finnish carpet beater that Leena gave me once, but that's probably only for winter use.

No comments: